Clear Mt. Kinpo-san and small birds

I retire at the end of March 2024.
During my current position, I have been blogging and documenting my laboratory for about 20 years.
From April, I will start to introduce Kumamoto City and its suburbs by writing this blog with photos and videos I took during my walks.

April 1, my first day of retirement, was a beautiful sunny day.
I took my grandchildren to Mt.Kinpo-san.

Location of Mt.Kinpo:32.813766575749796, 130.63864097027087

Many people climb the mountain on foot, but since we had small grandchildren with us, we drove to the top of the mountain.
There are parking spaces for about 20 cars near the summit.

View from the summit. Clear skies. Unzen Fugendake  could be seen over the Ariake Sea.


I have been using peanuts to interact with (wild) small birds.
It was more than 20 years ago that I learned that the small birds on Mt. Kinpo-san perch on human hands for peanuts.
Today, the little birds came again.
In the photo, can you see the little bird trying to get the peanut on my hand?
If you enlarge the photo, you should be able to see it.
The little bird on the hand is a wild bird, but it seems to have an ongoing good relationship with humans for decades or more.

 

Popular posts from this blog

Kumamoto Castle and Ninomaru Park on a Clear Morning

Spring at the Former Residence of Hosokawa Gyobu